The current available prenatal paternity tests (CVS and amniocentesis) are invasive and carry with their use a small but significant chance of miscarriage. As a result, the current standard care offers an invasive prenatal test only to those women whose risk of chromosomal or genetic abnormalities are greater than or equal to the risk of a procedure-related loss. The discovery of the presence of fetal cells in maternal blood has offered new approaches to non-invasive prenatal diagnosis. By analyzing DNA profiles based on sets of specific markers, the laboratory is able to compare a fetal DNA profile with genetic DNA profiles of the mother and alleged fathers.
Advantages of Fetal Cells Analysis in the Maternal Blood
1. Analysis of DNA from fetal cells in maternal blood samples is a screening test that is a non-invasive prenatal procedure and poses no risks to the mother or the fetus. The non-invasive prenatal DNA paternity testing is based on the comparison of genetic profiles of the fetal cells, mother’s blood and samples from the alleged father(s).
2. This prenatal non-invasive DNA paternity testing is relatively inexpensive in comparison to invasive techniques such as CVS or amniocentesis.
Timing for the Test
Prenatal DNA paternity can be only performed reliably after the 14th week of gestation.
The procedure takes on average 9 business days, and the report contains one of the following results:
- The Alleged Father cannot be excluded as the biological father of the fetus based on the samples submitted from the mother and the alleged father and the DNA extracted from the population of fetal cells.
- The Alleged Father is excluded as the biological father of the fetus based on the samples submitted from the mother and the alleged father and the DNA extracted from the population of fetal cells.
Sensitivity and Specificity of the Test
Sensitivity and specificity of the detection of DNA from fetal cells at 14 weeks of gestation for properly collected maternal blood samples is more than 99%. We strongly recommend testing all alleged fathers that are involved in your case (no extra charge for an additional alleged father).
In case of insufficient DNA from fetal cells in maternal blood: a second blood draw and re-analysis later in the pregnancy is recommended. There is no cost to redraw if the first blood draw was done at 14 weeks of gestation or later.
Price for the Prenatal DNA Paternity Test
We offer the lowest pricing on this specialized testing (lower than other companies and for that reason we do not publish our testing fee online), and the total price for the prenatal DNA paternity test on blood can provided upon completing the no obligation request form below. The cost includes the sample collection kit, the diagnostic laboratory tests for the mother and all alleged fathers, the laboratory reports a) for fetal DNA testing as well as b) free follow-up DNA testing for a newborn child.
Benefits of Doing Non-Invasive Prenatal Paternity Testing with Our Laboratory
Our laboratory is offering a full package for our clients:
- Free pretesting consultation for your case: explanation about prenatal testing; types of sample that can be collected from the alleged father(s) such as swab, hair, toothbrush and other samples; the best place and time to collect a blood sample from the mother; sending a sample collection kits to two different places (one for the mother and second for the alleged father) etc.
- No extra charge for an additional alleged father(s). We will test all alleged fathers that are involved in your case.
- Free gender test result for the fetus. It is possible for us to tell you the sex of the fetus, just ask.
- Double DNA testing for the same child: the first test on fetal DNA extracted from maternal blood samples and the second test is a free follow-up DNA test for a newborn child. Double DNA testing can give a double assurance to our clients: no uncertainties about the paternity of your child.
Full confidentiality of our testing: the mother can submit different samples from the alleged father(s) without asking him. Our laboratory is accepting hair samples, toothbrushes, semen stain and other forensic samples collected from the alleged father.
Based on 13 years of our practical experience in non-invasive prenatal testing, our laboratory is offering the most cost-effective, less time consuming (on average 9 days for the test result) and simple to carry out (blood sample collection close to your place) prenatal paternity test available today.
For more information, please complete the information request form below.