International DNA Testing
Journey Genetic Testing specializes in offering international DNA testing services for all of our test options. We provide fast, accurate and affordable private DNA paternity and relationship tests. Regularly providing testing to Canada and Australia, there are only a few countries we do not send our kits to.
What We Mean By International DNA Testing
Any DNA testing that is done outside the U.S.A., where we are located, is considered international. There are two categories of DNA services we can provide, private and legally admissible. Private testing provides peace-of-mind to those who are just looking for answers about their family. Legal testing is most commonly done for immigration purposes.
DNA Testing For Personal Reasons
The first reason a person may want to perform a paternity test or some other form of relationship test is for peace of mind. We can provide a sibling DNA test, a grandparent DNA test, and aunt-uncle testing to verify paternity. We even confirm if twins are identical or fraternal!
The private test is intended for individuals who need to find out the truth in private before deciding on the next step. This affordable private home test will provide 100% accurate results quickly and discreetly without the hassle of attending an appointment for legal testing. If you are looking for a private DNA test, here is what we recommend.
The Process Of Ordering A Test
- If you have questions that are not answered on our website for the test you are interested in, reach out to us. You can call us during our regular business hours, or email us by clicking on I Have A Question. One of our experienced Genetic Consultants will be happy to answer your questions, and to walk you through the process.
- Whoever is being a part of the DNA test will be able to collect the DNA sample themselves. You can either order a DNA collection kit to be sent to you, or you can choose to Make Your Own Kit. The MYOK option has become the choice for most of our clients outside the United States. The reason for this is that international shipping fees for the collection kit do not have to be added. You may learn more about this by clicking on MYOK.
- Another possibility is if one of the people testing that resides in the U.S. is traveling abroad, he or she can collect the other person’s sample. They can then ship all the samples back to the laboratory together.
- Other than what is mentioned above, all international DNA testing is done the same way as for those in the United States. You can learn about all of our DNA options by selecting the ones you are interested in from our menu above.
International DNA Testing for Immigration Purposes
An Immigration DNA test is a common option when there is a lack of evidence supporting a biological relationship between two possible family members. This option requires the process to be handled by an AABB accredited laboratory. Only when this step is followed will the USCIS, U.S. Embassies, or the Passport Agency accept the DNA test result. Please note: all DNA tests performed for immigration purposes are performed under strict supervision with our partner AABB accredited DNA parentage laboratory.
International Immigration DNA Test Process
- The petitioner must receive a request for Evidence Letter with the suggestion to perform a DNA relationship test. One of the letters you may receive is the I 130 letter from a USCIS. You may also receive a request for evidence on an Embassy letter on the Embassy’s letterhead. These notifications are sometimes sent as an email from the U.S. Embassy.
- Once you receive this, contact Journey Genetic Testing, and allow a Genetic Consultant to assist you with coordinating an appointment for the person located here in the U.S.
- When the petitioner’s sample is collected, the laboratory will be responsible for shipping a sample collection kit and request letter to perform a sample collection for your family members (referred to as the “beneficiary”).
- Once the kit arrives at the U.S. Embassy, the Embassy is responsible for coordinating your family members’ DNA sample collection.
- After the beneficiary’s DNA has been collected, the samples will be shipped overnight delivery to the laboratory. As soon as they have everyone’s DNA, they will start the genetic analysis.
- Testing of your genetic samples is usually completed in 1-2 business days from the date of receipt of all samples at the lab. The time frame depends on the type of test being done.
- Our laboratory goes through internal auditing every year. To validate the internal audit findings, an external audit is also done annually. Our testing laboratory is ISO17025 and AABB accredited. Legal DNA test results are recognized internationally. They are accepted as legal evidence of relationship, or that a relationship does not exist.
Contact Us With Questions
All immigration DNA sample collections abroad will be coordinated by the U.S. Embassy or Consulate and not by the laboratory. Visit our page about the process of immigration DNA testing here. The immigration DNA testing process when you have a family member who lives abroad works as follows.