Non-Invasive Prenatal Paternity Test (NIPP)
The Advantages Of NIPP Testing
Our Non-Invasive Prenatal Paternity Test can confirm the father of your child as early as 7 weeks into your pregnancy. The test results are 100% accurate. This is the earliest time when there’s sufficient fetal DNA in your blood for precise results. Be cautious of ads claiming accuracy between 4 – 7 weeks; science doesn’t support this due to limited fetal genetic material.
We offer the most reliable and advanced prenatal paternity test. We use trace DNA extraction techniques to screen for fetal DNA in the mother’s bloodstream. This method is safer and easier than more invasive techniques. We collect the alleged father’s DNA with a mouth swab, and the mother’s DNA sample is a simple blood draw.
We recommend our NIPP test as an option for proving who the alleged father is before birth. Here’s why:
- Early testing – The earliest testing for prenatal paternity testing available in direct to consumer tests.
- Accuracy guaranteed – Every test is run twice before releasing the results, so you know they are accurate every time.
- Noninvasive – 100% safe for mother and baby, with no added risks to the pregnancy.
- Our testing laboratory is in the USA – Don’t risk when sending DNA samples outside the USA. There is no guarantee as to the testing regulations in place. We recommend that you ask exactly where your DNA is being tested.
- AABB accredited test – This accreditation is the most important criteria when selecting a DNA lab. Our partner lab is AABB accredited.
How Much Does A Non-Invasive Prenatal Paternity Test Cost?
Our private prenatal paternity test costs $1,199 in total. It includes a DNA kit for the mother, fetus, and potential father. Your results come in about 5 business days. There are no hidden fees, plus we offer a 0% interest payment plan through Affirm, or up to 12 months of payments.
All non-invasive prenatal paternity test fees include:
- We send you the DNA kit by USPS Priority.
- The kit, which contains blood collection supplies and any required forms.
- Mouth swabs and collection envelope for alleged father.
- Prepaid overnight FedEx shipping, which enables quick arrival of samples.
- All DNA lab analysis and fees.
- The result of your DNA test.
You can learn abut other options for a paternity test during your pregnancy by clicking Prenatal Paternity.
The Emotional Benefits of Prenatal Paternity Testing
Pregnancy is an exciting and emotional time for expectant parents. While it’s a time of joy and anticipation, it can also be a period filled with uncertainties. This is especially true when there are doubts about the biological father. Prenatal paternity testing can provide answers. In addition it can bring long-term emotional benefits to both the mother and the father. This eases worries and strengthening family bonds.
The Importance of Paternity Testing
Paternity testing is a process that helps determine if a man is the biological father of a child. This test is usually done after the baby is born. However, with advances in medical technology, it’s now possible to perform prenatal paternity tests during pregnancy. Here’s why it can be so important:
- Relieving Anxiety: Uncertainty about the father’s identity can lead to anxiety and emotional stress for the mother. It’s a weighty concern that can cast a shadow over the otherwise joyful experience of pregnancy.
- Strengthening Bonds: For the father, knowing that he is the biological parent can strengthen his emotional bond with the child. This happens even before birth. It provides an opportunity to prepare for fatherhood and develop a sense of responsibility.
- Creating a Supportive Environment: When the biological father’s identity is confirmed before birth, it allows both parents to start building a supportive and stable environment. This will allow for the best supportfor the child from day one.
Emotional Benefits for the Mother
For expectant mothers, the emotional benefits of prenatal paternity testing are significant:
- Reducing Stress: Uncertainty about paternity can lead to stress during pregnancy. Confirming the biological father’s identity can provide peace of mind, allowing the mother to focus on her health and well-being.
- Bonding with the Father: When the father is committed to be a part of the child’s life it can foster a stronger emotional bond between the parents. This can lead to a more harmonious and supportive co-parenting relationship.
- Planning for the Future: The mother can make important decisions about the child’s future. This includes things such as naming the father on the birth certificate. Furthermore both parents can discuss child-rearing plans together.
Emotional Benefits for the Father
For fathers, the emotional benefits of prenatal paternity testing are just as significant:
- Fostering Responsibility: Being certain of their role as a biological father encourages men to take on more responsibility during pregnancy and after the baby’s birth.
- Building Connection: Knowing they are the biological parent helps fathers connect emotionally with their unborn child. They can talk to the baby and start forming a bond even before birth.
- Preparing for Parenthood: Paternity testing offers fathers an opportunity to prepare for fatherhood, both emotionally and practically. They can get involved in prenatal care, attend parenting classes, and make necessary lifestyle adjustments.
The Positive Impact on the Child
While prenatal paternity testing primarily benefits the parents, it also has a positive impact on the child:
- Establishing a Solid Foundation: Knowing who their biological father is from the very beginning can help children develop a strong sense of identity and security.
- Emotional Stability: A child who grows up with a sense of belonging and a supportive family environment is more likely to experience emotional stability and overall well-being.
- Stronger Family Bonds: When paternity is confirmed early, it helps build trust and open communication within the family, ultimately leading to stronger family bonds and healthier relationships.
A Prenatal Paternity Test Benefits The Entire Family Unit
Prenatal paternity testing can bring about long-term emotional benefits for both mothers and fathers. It relieves anxiety, strengthens bonds, and fosters a supportive environment for the child. For the mother, it reduces stress and encourages a better co-parenting relationship, while for the father, it fosters responsibility, emotional connection, and preparation for parenthood. Ultimately, it creates a foundation of emotional stability and stronger family bonds for the child. In a time filled with joy and anticipation, prenatal paternity testing can provide the peace of mind and emotional security that every expectant parent deserves.
Non-Invasive Prenatal Paternity Test FAQs
A non-invasive prenatal paternity test is a method used to figure out who the father is before the baby is born. While the mom is pregnant, scientists study the baby’s DNA profile using special cells found in the mom’s blood sample. They then compare the baby’s profile with the DNA profile of the man being tested—his DNA is collected through a straightforward mouth swab. A report is created to reveal whether the tested man is or isn’t the biological father.
“Non-invasive” refers to a medical or testing procedure that doesn’t require the penetration of the body or the use of instruments that break the skin or enter body cavities. In the context of a non-invasive prenatal paternity test, it means that the procedure doesn’t involve any invasive methods such as taking a sample directly from the uterus or the amniotic sac. Instead, it relies on samples like a blood sample from the pregnant mother, making it safer and less intrusive than invasive methods.
This test involves obtaining a cheek swab from the potential father and a blood sample from the mother. We may also be able to test certain alternative items for the suspected father in cases where it is necessary to be more discreet. Call our Genetic Consultants to discuss this option at 1-855-362-5224.
No, the outcome of a non-invasive prenatal paternity test will not be affected by a previous pregnancy. The cell-free fetal DNA, which is used for the test, vanishes from the mother’s bloodstream shortly after childbirth. Therefore, previous pregnancies will not impact the results of the current prenatal paternity test.
Yes! There are several distinctions between Journey Genetic Testing’s non-invasive paternity test and those offered by other companies. Here are the top three:
Patient Care: Our team of Genetic Consultants are prenatal paternity specialists provides personalized guidance throughout the testing process, offering assistance and answering questions with an average of 10+ years of experience.
Testing Accuracy: Journey Genetic Testing’s parent laborator holds multiple laboratory accreditations, underscoring our commitment to quality and precision. We take pride in delivering the most reliable and trusted test available today.
Full-Cycle Test Management: Unlike some other providers, our laboratory does not outsource testing or services. Every stage of the testing process occurs in a state-of-the-art lab, ensuring complete control over the quality of services provided.
If you’re from New York State and considering a home paternity test, please note that New York has specific requirements, including collection by a third party under chain of custody, a specimen accompanied by a test order from your physician or lawyer, and analysis by a laboratory holding a NYS permit. For further details on the NYS policy, feel free to reach out to us.
Non-invasive prenatal paternity testing stands out as the most accurate method for determining paternity during pregnancy. This Prenatal Paternity DNA Test relies solely on blood samples from the mother and can be conducted as early as 7 weeks into pregnancy, offering a completely non-invasive means of establishing the paternity of an unborn child. Our process involves the analysis of cell-free, free-floating fetal DNA (cffDNA) in the mother’s blood using Next Generation Sequencing technology. We examine more than 13,000 SNPs from the alleged father, mother, and fetus. The gathered data undergoes advanced bioinformatics analysis, resulting in paternity results with a non-paternal exclusion rate exceeding 99.99%.
Yes! We know that many of our clients might be new to DNA testing. Journey Genetic Testing has written a comprehensive guide to help you better comprehend the significance of your DNA test results. This guide is provided with every DNA test result we deliver.
In simple terms, the prenatal paternity non-invasive DNA test results will either confirm or rule out a if the tested potential father is excluded from being the biological father. An exclusion happens when there are not enough shared genetic markers with the fetus. In such instances, the probability of paternity in your result is 0%. In the same way, if the alleged father and fetus share a sufficient number of genetic maternial, he is “included” as the biological father, with the probability of paternity reading 99.9+%.
One of the foundational principles of our company is prioritizing the confidentiality of our customers. We never disclose personal information or test results to anyone who is not an authorized person. Upholding the utmost level of protection for our clients’ privacy, we adhere to a stringent confidentiality policy. Your data will not be disclosed, sold, or used for any purpose other than to obtain testing results. It’s important to note that we never release DNA test results over the phone, ensuring a secure and confidential process.
Absolutely! We understand it’s sometimes easier to talk to a “real person ” when placing an order.
Ordering with your credit card at Journey Genetic Testing is guaranteed to be safe and secure. We take rigorous measures to process thousands of Internet transactions with utmost security. Our secure server software (SSL) sets the industry standard for securing credit card transactions online.
This software encrypts all your personal information into an unrecognizable code during transmission from you to us. Once the encrypted information reaches our secure server, we decrypt it back to its original form and securely store it offline, making it inaccessible through the Internet.
In line with our commitment to your security, every credit card processed undergoes an address verification process. This process ensures that the card is registered to the billing address provided in the order, adding an extra layer of protection to your transaction.
We accept credit or debit cards with the Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover logo as forms of payment. We accept Paypal.
We know things can sometimes be challenging financially. So on all of our DNA tests, we have partnered with Affirm offer a 0% interest Pay In 4 plan, as well as payment plans up to 12 months. Your results will be released to you when they are ready, even if you are making payments.
All orders are final and all services and fees are nonrefundable, regardless of unforeseen issues related to the client or their pregnancy. From the moment we set your appointment, we begin incurring expenses related to your case. Moreover, these expenses must be paid by us regardless of circumstances surrounding the client or their pregnancy. Before you order, make absolutely sure you are prepared to make the financial commitment to the test.
We also know that the difficult situation of miscarriage may happen. We may be able to work with you in these situations. If the DNA collections has already been performed, and kit has been returned to the lab we will continue with the testing process to the extent that we can. If you have not yet attended your appointment, or used any part of the kit, we may be able to provide a refund less the expenses we have already incurred. In any case, the decision of Journey Genetic Testing is final.
Yes, all DNA collections are by appointment only. On your order form you can indicate when you would like to have the blood draw scheduled. We can offer separate appointments to the test parties if a legal test is being done. If a legal test is not being done, then the alleged father can collection his own mouth swab prior to the blood draw for the mother. We can arrange appointments for test parties in different areas, and send a separate collection kit to the suspected father. The entire appointment should take about 15 minutes.
We have company-owned locations in several states and affiliate locations nationwide. We can help you with an appointment that meets your needs and location. Appointments are set, and collections performed, during regular business hours.
It depends. While we do not process insurance claims, some testing, especially when recommended by your medical professional, may be eligible for reinbursement. We encourage you to check to see if this is the case in your situation.
Yes! Whether you have 2 potential fathers or more, it is always less expensive for us to test all potential fathers at the same time instead of testing additional fathers later with a new test. The option for additional additional suspected father’s will be offered on your order form.
If you’re ready to proceed with the testing process and receive your results promptly, you can simply order your non-invasive prenatal paternity (NIPP) test. This is the quickest way to initiate the process and obtain your results online. If you wish to include an additional father in the tests, please note that additional charges will apply.
Your paternity test is a crucial factor in making significant life decisions. Be cautious of companies advertising cheap non-invasive prenatal paternity tests online. It’s advisable to ask for the actual published research supporting these tests. If a company offers a free post-birth test, it may indicate a lack of confidence in the quality of their prenatal test.
Journey Genetic Testing’s NIPP testing involves cutting-edge scientific methods and DNA high-sequencing instruments. As one of the most trusted DNA companies in the United States, we is dedicated to delivering quality results to our most important client – YOU.
Note: Peace of mind prenatal paternity test results may not be used for legal procedures.
Once all DNA samples are in the lab, testing begins right away. Results are generally available in 5-7 business days, however expedited testing is available for an additional fee. If you have questions, just reach out to us for additional information.