Important – Please Read!
Please bookmark this page as it contains important information about your DNA test process and you may wish to refer back to it from time to time.
We appreciate your trust in allowing us to help you get the answers you need through DNA testing.
If you have completed your payment, here is what you can expect next:
1. If your testing kit was ordered before 3:00 PM (EST) on a regular business day, in most cases it will be mailed to you via USPS Priority mail the same day. If the kit was ordered after 3:00 PM (EST) it will be shipped to you the next business day. Your kit should arrive in 2-3 business days, in most cases for those within the USA, and 6-10 business days for USPS International Priority shipments.
You will be provided a tracking number for your kit via email by the USPS. Please use this tracking number to determine when your DNA collection kit will arrive. If you ordered your test on a holiday, or weekend, your kit will ship the next regular business day.
If you chose the Make Your Own Kit option you will receive an email within 24 hours (during regular business hours) with your case number, instructions, and the address to return your samples to. If you do not see this email after the 24 hours, please check your spam/junk folder prior to submitting a support ticket.
2. Once you receive your kit we encourage you to complete the testing sooner rather than later. While you have up to 90 from the date of your order to return your samples for testing, we want to make certain that the samples do not lose integrity. And remember, please do not put them into a plastic container or plastic bag for storage.
3. You will have access to a private client page once all of the DNA samples being tested arrive at the lab. You will receive an email notification that you may view your page using your email address and the password you provided on the order form. Please note that the login is case sensitive.
Your samples will show on your client page as having been received and you will receive an approximate due date for the results. Testing begins the next business day after receiving all samples, in most cases. The usual processing time is 2 – 5 business days for standard paternity and relationship testing, and 5-7 business days for prenatal non-invasive paternity testing.
If you have ordered one day processing, the results will be released the next business day by 8:00 PM PST once testing has begun.
One day processing is not available for non-standard (anything other than a mouth swab) as a viability test must be performed on the non-standard sample prior to regular testing.
Important: Your client page will only be updated when all samples are in. Our staff is unable to check the status of individual cases/samples to see if they have arrived as hundreds of samples arrive at the lab every day.
4. If you ordered a DNA kit, and reside within the United Stated, you will be provided a prepaid UPS overnight return mailer to allow you to return the DNA samples to the lab.
Please note: Bio-Gene DNA has the responsibility to send your kit to you, and to make certain testing is completed and results are posted. The responsibility to make certain the DNA samples arrive at the lab is the responsibility of the person ordering the test. We strongly suggest you record the tracking number of your return mailer to determine if the samples sent have arrived. Bio-Gene DNA does not record the tracking numbers on the return overnight mailers. Please remember that if samples are sent in from different locations, you will not be notified until ALL samples have arrived.
5. The person ordering the test will be notified by e-mail that the test results are ready to be viewed online through the secure client portal. The email address and password provided at the time of order will be required. It is the responsibility of the ordering party to record and remember this information, as our staff does not have access to the password listed for security reasons.
6. If you ordered a test that requires a third party collection, you will be provided with a suggested collection center(s) from our database according the shipping zip code you provided. Please remember that, per the Terms and Conditions agreed to at the time of your order, these are only suggestions and the final responsibility of finding a collection center and having the collection performed properly is yours.
7. The results are easy to understand. We have provided a guide as to how to read them on our website. If, after reviewing them, you have any questions please complete a support ticket found on your client portal and we will be happy to help you understand them. Responses will only be made to questions made from the email address associated with your account.
- We ONLY discuss the case with the authorized person who ordered the case. By answering your questions via email through our support tickets to the email provided on the order form, it allows us to virtually eliminate the chance that someone who does not have permission to talk about the case receives any information;
- We attached every written support ticket to your case file. This allows us to refer back to any questions you may have and make certain they are addressed throughout this process. This also helps to provide a quick way to respond and answer all your questions. Please note that this is email however, and while many of us are used to texting, email does take a little longer to respond.
If you submit a support ticket and do not see a response within the 24 hours please check your spam/junk mail folder in case it was sent there by mistake.
Remember: this is to ensure confidentiality and privacy concerning your case. We are unable to make exceptions to this policy.
Once again we thank you for allowing us to part of your journey to truth through DNA science and technology.