Important – Please Read!
Please bookmark this page as it contains important information about your DNA test process and you may wish to refer back to it from time to time.
We appreciate your trust in allowing us to help you get the answers you need through DNA testing.
If you have completed your payment, here is what you can expect next:
1. If your testing kit was ordered before 3:00 PM (EST) on a regular business day, it will be mailed to you via USPS Priority mail. If the kit was ordered after 3:00 PM (EST) it will be shipped to you the next business day. Your kit should arrive in 2-3 business days, in most cases.
You will be provided a tracking number for your kit on your private client page. This page will be set up within 24 hours of your order being shipped.
Please use this tracking number to determine when your DNA collection kit will arrive. If you ordered your test on a holiday, or weekend, you kit will ship the next regular business day.
If you chose the Make Your Own Kit option you will receive an email within 24 hours (during regular business hours) with your case number, instructions, and the address to return your samples to. If you do not see this email after the 24 hours, please check your spam/junk folder prior to submitting a support ticket.
2. Once you receive your kit we encourage you to complete the testing sooner rather than later. While you have up to 90 days to return your samples for testing, we want to make certain that the samples do not lose integrity. And remember, please do not put them into a plastic container or plastic bag for storage.
3. After all of the samples arrive at the lab, they will logged on your client page as having been received. Testing begins the next day in most cases. The usual processing time is 2 – 5 business days for standard paternity and relationship testing, 5-7 business days for prenatal non-invasive paternity testing, and 21 working days for ancestry testing.
Important: Your client page will only be updated when all samples are in. If your client page has not been updated that samples have arrived and testing has begun, then we don’t have them yet. There is no way we check the status of individual samples to see if they have arrived as hundreds of samples arrive at the lab every day.
4. If you ordered a DNA kit, you will be provided a return mailer to allow you to return the DNA samples to the lab.
Please note: the prepaid return envelope provided with your kit is USPS First Class. Bio-Gene DNA has the responsibility to send your kit to you, and to ensure testing is completed and results are posted. The responsibility to ensure the samples arrive at the lab is solely yours. You are welcome to return the samples via a carrier with tracking if you wish to known when they arrive at the lab. Please remember that if samples are sent in from different locations, you will not be notified until ALL samples have arrived.
5. The person ordering the test will be notified by e-mail that the test results are ready to be viewed online through a secure site. The email address and password provided at the time of order will be required. Our staff is not able to release the results, or discuss them, over the phone due to privacy protocols.
6. If you ordered a test that requires a third party collection, you will be provided with a suggested collection center(s) from our database according the shipping zip code you provided. Please remember that, per the Terms and Conditions agreed to at the time of your order, these are only suggestions and the final responsibility of having the collection performed properly is yours.
7. The results are easy to understand. We have provided a guide as to how to read them on our website. If, after reviewing them, you have any questions please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help you understand them. Responses will only be made to questions made from the email address associated with your account.
- We ONLY discuss the case with the authorized person who ordered the case. By answering your questions via email through our support tickets to the email provided on the order form, it allows us to virtually eliminate the chance that someone who does not have permission to talk about the case receives any information;
- We attached every written support ticket to your case file. This allows us to refer back to any questions you may have and make certain they are addressed throughout this process. This also helps to provide a quick way to respond and answer all your questions. Please note that this is email however, and while many of us are used to texting, email does take a little longer to respond.
If you submit a support ticket and do not see a response within the 24 hours please check your spam/junk mail folder in case it was sent there by mistake.
Remember: this is only to ensure confidentiality and privacy concerning your case. We are unable to make exceptions to this policy.
Once again we thank you for allowing us to part of your journey to truth through DNA science and technology.